Baseball practice. Laundry. Swim lessons. Lost Keys. Dog Park. Leaky faucet. Empty milk carton in the fridge. Piano recital. Busy doesn’t even begin to describe our lives! We know that it can be so hard to do it all – but here’s a secret – you don’t have to! Community. Connection. At Hillview UMC, we want to help you face the struggles of modern day life in a loving and Christ-like manner. We believe a family connected to others and in community together will thrive no matter what challenges they face.
Invitation and Outreach
Many families are still struggling with
isolation as they try to juggle all the
needs of kids, work, and life. We offer
opportunities to connect with a
community of support. These aren’t
always “church-y” activities – just a
way to reach out and develop connections
with other families dealing with the
same life stuff.
Your first connection likely meets a spiritual need – but it’s time to take that relationship deeper. Families need to connect with each other in a relaxed and open way.
- Family Ministries Fun night – each month the date and the activity will be decided and information sent out or posted around the buildings and on the website. Events have included movie night and Hawks Baseball Game
- Community Meals- Join us last Wednesday of each month for a shared meal.
- Holiday and Annual events such as a Trunk R Treat, Children’s Christmas Eve and Palm Sunday worship events, Family Service Day and Vacation Bible School.
In addition, we also offer for our families:
- Quality childcare during class times and worship times – open from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. for infants to 4 in our Nursery.
- Sunday Education for all ages! In addition to fabulous adult classes, we have activities and classes for children ages nursery through 5th grades; and for youth in a 6th through 12th grades.
For those who would like to help plan or host any of our family events and activities or if you have any questions or need more information, please contact Alison Lehrman, the Director of Family Ministries at email@example.com ; or call the church office (375-0392) and leave a message for Alison.