You are invited to come and meet our growing community.
Baseball practice. Laundry. Swim lessons. Lost Keys. Leaky faucet. Empty milk carton in the fridge. Busy doesn’t even begin to describe our lives! We know that it can be so hard to do it all – but here’s a secret – you don’t have to! Community. Connection. At Hillview UMC, we want to help you face the struggles of modern-day life in a loving and Christ-like manner. We believe a family connected to others and in community together will thrive no matter what challenges they face.
Invitation and Outreach
Many families are still struggling with isolation as they try to juggle all the needs of kids, work, and life. We offer opportunities to connect with a community of support. These aren’t always “church-y” activities – just a way to reach out and develop connections with other families dealing with the same life stuff.
- Family Ministries Fun nights – Events have included movie night, bowling, and Hawks Baseball Game.
- Community Meals- Join us for the last Wednesday of each month for a shared meal.
- Holiday and Annual events- Trunk R Treat, Children’s Christmas Eve and Palm Sunday worship events, Family Service Day, and Vacation Bible School
- Hillview at Home- Take home and online activities, lessons, table talk and more
- Trunk R Treat 2023: Donations by Lets Roam and Goodies
Children’s Ministry programs
Nursery and toddler/preschool rooms- opens at 10:15am. Serves children ages 0-4 years old.
Elementary room: Meets every Sunday from 10:45am -11:45am. Our program is geared for children Kindergarten- 5th grade.
Youth room: Meets every Sunday from 10:45am -11:45am. Youth 6th grade- 12th grade
What to expect on Sunday Morning
All the children (four and older) start out in “big church” on Sunday mornings sitting with their family. At fifteen past the hour children are welcomed to attend Sunday school. Our Sunday school leaders are excited to spend time with the children as they lead Bible lesson, sing songs, create and make, and learn together.